JOIN THE CASEWARE TEAM
At CaseWare we are always looking for new staff members to help us become an even greater team. So if you are looking for a new challenge, get in touch.
Can't see anything currently suited to your skills? If you have a background in software development or accounting we'd still love to hear from you! Feel free to contact us directly. email@example.com
Product Manager (Audit)
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Audit Product Manager. It represents a terrific opportunity to be involved in software projects that are essential to both the future of CaseWare UK but also their clients in professional practice and commerce.
The Product Manager (Audit) is responsible for defining and delivering the range of audit software products developed by CaseWare UK Limited. You will be the primary expert on the audit market sector, and will be involved in every aspect of the development and delivery of the current (desktop) applications, CaseWare SmartSync and CaseWare Analytics. You will also be providing advisory support to the team working on CaseWare Cloud Audit systems as they build the initial proof of concept models.
The Product Manager is supported by members of the development team, the wider product management group and the senior management team. It will also require personnel and line management skills as the role expands.
The product suite, and our clients, are beginning the transition from a desktop platform to a cloud based system. The Product Manager will therefore play a key role in helping the business and its clients make the change as smoothly as possible, and defining the future of audit technology in the UK.
The current size of the Development Team means that you will be very ‘hands on’ in terms of product research, and you will need to become proficient in the use of the products. We do not expect you to have, or need, programming or coding knowledge.
You will be an experienced auditor, or have considerable experience in the accounting and audit sectors. It’s absolutely essential to have enthusiasm and passion for software, be commercially aware and have a desire to challenge and improve current working practices. Above all, you will be able to communicate between a wide range of stakeholders in the product, including end users (of all levels of seniority), developers and senior staff in both CaseWare UK and CaseWare International.
This is the perfect role for someone looking to move from practice into industry, and be a very influential part of a globally respected financial technology group.
Your skills & experience
- Likely to have a degree level of education
- Sound audit experience, at audit senior level or higher
- Experience of using automated systems within an accounting practice, such as paperless audit systems and financial reporting
- An understanding of the significance of IT systems within a practice environment
- An interest in Audit Analytics
- Understanding the future of cloud applications and the benefits to business of working on that environment
- A passion for the world of technology, and for maximising the efficiency and quality of software applications
- Highly competent in the use of standard office IT systems
- Experience of collaborative software tools such as Google Docs, Office 365 etc.
- Patience and persistence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- An attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as a team
- Sound commercial judgement
- CaseWare AuditAdvanced – Desktop paperless audit systems
- CaseWare SmartSync (Cloud synchronisation)
- CaseWare Audit Analytics
- CaseWare Cloud – AuditAdvanced data reporting and engagement management
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide a clear direction for the development of the products within your portfolio, and manage the on-going delivery and roadmap for the product range, in line with the overall product strategies of CaseWare UK Ltd and Caseware International.
- Determine appropriate deadlines and deliverable dates for main product releases, consulting with the development manager over resource allocation and available skills within the team.
- Ensure there are sufficient resources available within the business to execute the required development work.
- Liaise with the Product Owner (Audit Advanced) to ensure work is correctly scheduled and planned, and being delivered to the agreed timescales.
- Maintain your knowledge of audit regulations and the audit market to the extent required to make commercial decisions on the future of the product range.
- Manage the relationship with the relevant third-party content providers;
- The Mercia Group
- The HAT Group
- This is done through regular personal meetings, continual online communication and working with the AuditAdvanced Product Owner.
- Be open to discussion with other potential 3rd party providers, with a view to creating new commercially beneficial partnerships.
- Identify future statutory requirements that may affect the product portfolio, in consultation with QA department and our content providers.
- Report to the management team on the status of the market and products within your portfolio.
- Produce scope and specification documents to support your plans and ideas for the product suite.
- Help build ‘proof of concept’ models where necessary, from a user’s point of view.
- To be the primary contact for, and liaise with CaseWare International’s development and product management teams on Audit System, and be fully aware of their long-term development strategies and product ideas.
- Liaise with CaseWare UK’s QA team regarding testing requirements and product deadlines.
- Responsible for managing update releases and arranging accompanying documentation.
- Provide information to clients in the form of regular web bulletins.
- To assist the CaseWare UK sales team with regards to:
- Explaining new features and their benefit to customers
- Making them aware of marketing opportunities within your product portfolio
- Future development plans
- Deadlines that are suitable for publication
- Attending webinars and seminars as the product expert
- Providing them with suitable demonstration material
- Work with the Client Service teams with respect to bugs and support issues that relate to the quality, scope and content of the products in the portfolio. This may involve short training or update sessions for the training and support staff.
- Organise and chair the AuditAdvanced Focus group.
- To attend broader user group meetings as and when necessary.
- Attend development meetings as and when necessary.
- Identification and management of potential beta sites, to assist as product focus groups and testers.
- Comparative research the products of competitors and to report on any significant changes and trends in the audit or audit technology market.
- Assist Account Managers with client service meetings, as required.
- Attend service meetings for ‘House Accounts’ as required.
Other administrative and technical.
Product Manager (Tax)
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Tax Product Manager to lead and grow a team of developers, working on the UK’s tax products for CaseWare International. It represents a terrific opportunity to be involved in software projects that are essential to both the future of CaseWare UK but also their clients in professional practice and commerce.
You will be technical authority behind the business’ tax product range, ensuring that the development team has clear direction and that projects are delivered according to specification and on time. Your existing tax accounting technical skills will enable you to liaise effectively with the stakeholders in the project, including the equivalent working group at CaseWare’s Toronto headquarters.
You will also need to understand the architecture and structure of the CaseWare Cloud platform and be able to support the UK development team in a practical and hands-on way whenever necessary.
Development is a collaborative process at CaseWare UK, and we expect every member of a team to contribute ideas and challenge current practice if they believe there are weaknesses to improve. Anyone joining us in a junior or senior management role will be expected to follow and encourage this approach to working.
Your future with CaseWare
A well established and respected software provider to the professional accounting sector, covering a wide range of accounting, audit and tax applications. Our transition to becoming a cloud business is also well underway, with a fast-developing platform that has enabled us to enter the market in a competitive way.
The tax projects span both desktop and cloud platforms and represent a fantastic opportunity to take your tax accounting knowledge and apply it to the Financial Technology industry.
We will be looking for the successful candidate to become a significant part of the management team at CaseWare UK and to develop their technical and managerial skills as the team and product range expands. CaseWare is an international company, and the group is always looking for talented people to work across borders if their skills and ambitions lie in that direction.
We will, of course, maintain any professional subscriptions and CPD requirements in order to keep your qualifications and memberships’ current, and your skills relevant.
Your skills & experience
You are likely to be working as a part-qualified or qualified accountant looking to move out of practice and into industry. You will need to have sound experience of practical tax work within a practice and to be aware of how software is used within a practice and ideas on how automation can drive efficiency with a tax team.
You will be someone who has a passion for technology, and you may have been involved in implementing a software project within your firm, or you may have experience training software within the business.
A deep understanding of programming is not required, but you will need to have the ability to learn and understand the technical requirements that lay behind the product in your portfolio and act as a bridge between the development team and our client base.
Some experience of presenting or authoring would be an advantage, as there is a strong element of client facing work, at client meetings, user groups, seminars and conferences.
While sound technical experience and knowledge is an essential part of your background, we are looking for an energetic and creative individual who has the passion to drive what is an exciting and strategically significant project. You will have good communication skills, both written and verbal, an attention to detail and a mind that is prepared to challenge existing practice.
The Product Portfolio
The role covers the following three areas of development;
- CaseWare Corporation Tax (Desktop)
- CaseWare Personal Tax (Cloud) – under development
- Monitoring and planning for HMRC’s ‘Making Tax Digital’ project
To provide technical content support and advice for the products within your portfolio, and manage the ongoing delivery and roadmap for the products, in line with the overall product strategy of CaseWare UK Ltd.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the position requires close liaison with the development, client service and sales teams. It will also require the assistance of the administration teams within the organisation.
Specific primary tasks
- Maintain product area expertise and awareness of any changing regulations and requirements that affect your product portfolio. This is to be done by continued personal development, supported by formal update courses.
You will also be expected to share knowledge and information with the existing CaseWare Corporation Tax team
- Provide a written, high-level specifications for the Cloud tax product, with business cases to support additional features that would be beneficial but not central to the product.
All specifications need to bear in mind the wider product strategy of integration with the CaseWare suite, Audit, Tax and Collaborate.
- Continuous monitoring of competitor products in your market, and produce bulletins for the Product Management team meeting.
- Maintaining close links with HMRC’s technical teams, with specific attention paid to matters affecting the submission of online tax returns and Making Tax Digital.
- Provide continual guidance and specifications to the CaseWare UK cloud systems architects and developers that are building the cloud tax applications.
- Provide guidance and support to the CaseWare UK software support teams
- Liaise with the CaseWare International Cloud development teams as and when necessary.
- Liaise with any external consultants and third-party specialists involved in the development project.
- Communication with the sales team with regards to:
- New features and their benefit to customers and any marketing opportunities that arise as a result of the above.
- Future development plans
- Deadlines that can be made public
To liaise with the client service teams with respect to bugs and support issues that relate to the quality, scope and content of the products in the portfolio
- Attend development and project management meetings as and when necessary
- Brief sales meetings as and when required or requested
- Identification and management of potential beta sites when it feels necessary to use them
- Presentation of products at client events
- Assist Account Managers with client service meetings, as required.
- Attend service meetings for ‘House Accounts’ as required
To remain available to the Training department for ad-hoc projects until such time that department has sufficient staffing levels
Other administrative and technical tasks that may arise in the general course of business.
There may be a requirement to travel with this role, both within the UK for client meetings, and as necessary in order to strengthen relationships with Caseware International in Europe and Toronto.
As with all roles at CaseWare UK, the role requires full awareness of, and compliance with the data security and data handling policy of the company.
Technical Support Consultant
You will be part of our growing telephone support team, assisting our corporate and professional client base with a range of software queries. Full training will be provided, not just as you start but as you continue to develop your technical knowledge and customer service skills.
Suitable candidates will already have experience of working with accounting and audit software and may also hold an accountancy qualification (such as AAT or similar). You should be IT literate, have an excellent telephone manner and be able to communicate at all levels.