The CI104 Certified IDEAScript Expert training course provides a thorough introduction to the programming language IDEAScript – an intrinsic part of IDEA Data Analysis. Delegates learn how to develop a suite of useful tools designed to take the sting out of complex and time consuming manual processes, or create dialogue-driven end-to-end solutions that empower both IDEA and non-IDEA users, to enable consistent delivery of results.
Add further value to your reporting by learning the IDEAScript programming language – a powerful element of the IDEA Data Analysis solution.
Delegates should be fully conversant with the CIDA Intermediate level functionality covered in CI101 Introduction to IDEA Data Analysis and CI102 Intermediate Use of IDEA Data Analysis.
Creating an IDEA Macro
- Recording macros
- Utilising the History Log
- Building macros using Project Overview
- Understand the IDEAScript Editor
- Saving and running tasks
Working with Scripts
- Customising recorded macros
- Understanding constants and variables
- Using data types
- Programming best practice
- Learn how to handle macro errors
Language Browser and IDEA Objects
- Functions and subroutines
- Using structures: control, repeating, looping, conditional, branching
- Array handling (to store lists of items, needed for custom dialog boxes)
- Using message boxes and input boxes to communicate with the user
- Presenting decision points to and obtaining information from the user
- Creating customised dialog boxes using the Dialog Editor
Who should attend?
Users who wish to expand their usage of IDEA into areas related to programming and scripting. This course covers the major elements of the IDEAScript programming language and also provide an insight into the benefits of automated solutions to you and your organisation.
26/10/2021 - 28/10/2021
Full two-day course
Fill out the form on this page to enquire for more details and to book.